Lunch N Learn| 7/11/2012
The class schedule will be as follows:
- August 2nd - Food Preservation 101 - a basic overview of food preservation, the benefits of home preservation and some of the guidelines for successfully preserving foods.
- August 9th - Jams & Jellies - how to create delicious jams, jellies and spreads from various foods, including native North Dakota fruits.
- August 16th - Canning Fruits & Vegetables - understanding the basics of using a boiling water bath canner and pressure canner.
- August 23rd - Pickling - one of the most popular forms of food preservation, this class will discuss pickling basics and suggestions for success.
- August 30th - Salsa Making - the most popular condiment in America today, this class will provide recipe recommendations, guidelines and suggestions for making and preserving safe, delicious salsa.
Classes will be held at the Burleigh County Extension Office (4H Building), located at 3715 East Bismarck Expressway. The classes will run from 11:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
The cost is $3 per class or $12 for the entire series. Registration fee includes all class materials, food samples and beverages. Please bring your own lunch.
For more information, visit the NDSU Extension Service, Burleigh County website.