Year End Rural Community Grants Awarded| 12/21/2012
"During the holidays it is important to give back to the communities that have supported us throughout the year," said Bill York, CEO of AgriBank. "The awards announced today will go to the medical providers and firefighters that provide critical services to western North Dakota communities."
Projects that recieved funding include:
- Berthold Ambulance Center: $5,000 for a hydraulic cot to lift patients into the ambulance ensuring safety of both the ambulance crew and patients.
- Bottineau Fire Department: $7,000 to purchase a washing machine to remove toxins that would deteriorate firefighter`s protective gear, extending the life of the gear.
- St. Joseph`s Hospital & Health Center, Dickinson: $20,000 to enable x-ray films to be digitally shared quickly with the radiologist from its off-site Beach clinic
- Epping Rural Fire Department: $12,000 to replace personal protective gear for volunteer firemen including fire helmets, boots, and flame retardant clothing.
- Garrison Max Ambulance District: $15,000 for a new power cot to lift patients into an ambulance and new equipment that clears airways during an emergency.
- Gladstone Consolidated Fire District: $9,500 towards the purchase of larger pump trucks, new equipment, firefighter field training, and material storage.
- St. Luke`s Hospital, Crosby: $10,000 for a machine to ensure that employee respirators fit properly in the field.
- Max Rural Fire Protection District: $5,000 to replace protective gear for volunteer firemen.
- Trinity Health Foundation, Minot: $22,000 to aid in the purchase of additional equipment including a defibrillator, an EKG cart, and a vital signs monitor.
- Tioga Medical Center: $10,000 to obtain a respiratory fit testing system.
- Zap Rural Fire Protection District: $17,500 for protective gear for fireman and a new breathing air compressor.
AgriBank, along with Farm Credit Services of Mandan and Farm Credit Services of North Dakota, announced the awards under the Rural Community Grant Fund. The fund is accepting applications for the future funding, more information can be found at www.agribank.com.